I am getting the error "No Internet Connection Detected" or "Network Connection Error" when trying to activate Code-X
If you are installing and activating Code-X 2019 then the URL that the application us trying to access is as follows:
If you are installing and activating Code-X 2018 then the URL that the application us trying to access is as follows:
If you are installing and activating Code-X 2017 then the URL that the application us trying to access is as follows:
Please make sure that the workstation you're trying to activate can open the above mentioned URL for your version of Code-X in a browser.
If you cannot open the above URL for your version of Code-X then most likely your organization's firewall is
blocking it. Please ask your IT staff to add the above URL to your firewall's white list so that you can successfully activate Code-X. If your firewall is not blocking the above URL and you still cannot open the above URL in a browser or you can open the above URL, but are still getting the same error then please try the following steps to solve your problem:
- Disable the workstation's firewall temporarily
- Disable the workstation's antivirus temporarily
- Disable any other security software on that workstation temporarily
- Try to access the above URL in your browser if you previously couldn't access it. If you are successful then please launch Code-X and try activating again.
- Re-enable all of your security software
If you're still unsuccessful please try the below steps to troubleshoot further:
- Try accessing the above URL from a a browser on a different workstation on the same network to see if you can isolate where the problem might be.
- If you can access the above URL on a different workstation on the same network then the problem is local to the specific workstation and you will need to troubleshoot your workstation further to ensure that there is no security or other software blocking that workstation's access to the above URL. You should probably contact your IT Administrator for that workstation to assist you.
- If you can not access from a different workstation on the same network then please access the following website and enter the above Code-X URL into that website. This will tell you whether the Code-X URL is only a problem for you or whether our server is actually down and not accessible by anyone: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
- If the above test website determines that the problem is local to you then you should double check that your firewall is truly letting the previously mentioned Code-X URL through your firewall and is not being blocked.
- If the above test website states that the website is down for them too, then the problem is most likely on our server side. Please submit a trouble ticket from this same online system to alert us that our Activation Server may be down.
- In some rate instances this error can occur because the user's Windows Profile is corrupted. For instructions on how to recreate a new Windows Profile please visit the link below: https://support.codexlite.org/portal/kb/articles/i-am-getting-the-error-the-application-is-not-able-to-find-codexconfig-db-in-your-user-profile-located-in